the last week

The past week was a whirlwind of things,  and while I thought this week would be calmer, I'm coming to the conclusion that I simply might not get a calm week in the foreseeable future. Honestly, today's been the only fairly calm day in quite a while. I have an interview (!!!!!!!!!!!) this week, get to start pledge class (is it weird that I'm excited? I can't decide), and go to Snowball, my school's fancy winter formal-ish dance thing. Any excuse to be super fancy is a good enough excuse for me. I keep telling my Econ seatmate/friend that I'm usually not ALWAYS dressed fancy, but I don't think he's ever going to believe me, the way my life's going. Not that always being fancy is a bad thing, of course, though I'm pretty sure he thinks it is. I think I like being busy and having lots of things to do, and excuses to be fancy, really.

Monday, I didn't have to do much, so it was fairly casual for me. And overall a pretty good day, I think.
 

Dress (as shirt)/pants/boots - F21 | Vest - thrifted

Tuesday, surprisingly, I didn't have anything. I just dressed up because I could, and enjoyed it immensely.
 

Blazer - thrifted | Skirt (as dress ) - TJ Maxx | Belt/shoes - F21 | Leggings - Target

Wednesday was induction, and the final planning meeting for a big event for the club I'm exec on. It was hectic, but fun, and also saw me trotting from my building to Thwing in under ten minutes while wearing heels. Considering that it usually takes me longer than that in boots or flats (granted, I meander), I think I managed something quite impressive that night. As for that leggings/stockings combo that sort of looks like tights...let's just say that improvisation is fun. And that I really need to actually go acquire some more tights.

 

Blazer - thrifted | Dress (as shirt) - F21 | Skirt - Jason Wu for Target | Heels - Payless

Thursday was Valentine's Day, and an Accounting test. It was also the day that I forgot was a holiday, despite numerous reminders, and found myself staring at a floormate wondering why she looked so fancy on a Thursday of all days...before realizing. Not one of my finer moments. Granted, I did have tests on the brain, so I think it might be excusable? Maybe? No, not really... At least I got to visit the Natural History Museum and ogle DINOSAURS for a paper!
 

Shirt - J.C. Penny's | Pants - Target | Shoes/belt - F21

aaaaand the dinos/other prehistoric critters in question (well, the ones I'm contemplating using for my paper, at least):

A Dimetrodon

Triceratops!!! I'm sure you guys knew that, though!

Dire Wolf skull! (compared to a modern wolf skull)
I'm actually kind of excited for this paper, because I think dinosaurs and historical things are super cool and interesting, which means I've been completely in love with my SAGES class thus far.

Friday was the day of my club's event, which was exciting and terrifying all at once. I didn't actually wind up with pictures of what I wore during it, but since I'm basically wearing the same thing to Snowball, I think I can get away with that. My overall for the day outfit was fun, just like the day was once the Econ test I had was done with. Also... I kind of straightened my hair. :C I'd made so much progress at liking my hair's natural (albeit confusing) texture, and then I took a shower, had it dry the way I always do, looked in the mirror, and hated it so much I couldn't stop myself. It makes me sad, because it's such a goal of mine to try making peace with my natural appearance, and then I have days like that. Still, it's one day after starting this sometime in Senior year, so I suppose I'm doing pretty well.

 

Cardigan/pants/boots - F21 | Shirt - Kohl's | Scarf - The Meadows Museum

Saturday wasn't what I'd call "GO GO GO GO", but I simply wound up NOT getting a picture of my outfit at all. Probably because I got distracted by a floormate racing onto the floor with a horsemask, but that's a different story... Sunday was much more relaxed, and also offered the opportunity to begin breaking in my new boots.

 

Cardigan/shirt/pants - F21 | Boots - E's Closet Boutique | Necklace - thrifted

What was your past week like/what does this week look like it'll be like for you guys?

2 comments:

  1. So creative to wear your skirt as a dress! I never would have known!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Long skirts like that red one are really easy to wear as dresses or shirts, but yeah, it's definitely a bit of an odd-sounding idea.

      xo
      Sue

      Delete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue