need a little neutrality

I said on Twitter, in a fit of upset early this morning, approximately two am, that I wouldn't have a post today. However, with a final at 12:30 PM and my studying finished an hour and a half before that, I realized I could post...and that I should really make an effort to breathe normally, considering that grades are not the end-all-be-all of my life, and the fact that about 95% of why I'm stressed is that everyone else is stressed and I feel like I'm not being a good student if I'm not intensely emotionally distressed right around this time. I hope that I don't regret not trying to cram more, once I start the exam, but it's a chance I'll take right now.

One of the things that I really want, and which I'm using as an incentive to study and work hard and not collapse into a wibbling pile of sobbing student is neutral/brown-ish sandals. Yes, I know. Standard staple. For everyone but me, I think. I don't believe I've ever owned a pair, but they look marvelous, and they fit with my whole 'making an effort to wear something other than black' thing. The one I've been failing miserably at, since even my sundresses are black. (No, seriously, they are - they have floral patterns, but they're black, and I barely have anything colorful, though all the colors I do have are super-bright).

1. American Eagle / 2. F21 / 3. Zappos / 4. Steve Madden / 5. Alexander Wang / 6. F21

I know, not entirely neutral, but I can't resist some bright stuff with brown. I need to have something familiar with it, right? I think my favorite of these is probably the Alexander Wang sandals, but I'm equally certain that I can't afford them, alas. I'm definitely using some pair of sandals as a finals reward, though, because I honestly need the motivation.

Are you significantly lacking in any serious summer staples? Got a wardrobe kick like my basically all-black one? Ready to learn to murder abstract concepts like finals and economics like I am? (Yay finals...) Lemme know (especially if you want to learn how to kill abstract concepts or know how, because I think I need that before Monday, when my econ final is... I'll survive. Maybe.)


8 comments:

  1. I love all your picks! I'm not a huge sandal fan, but now I'm tempted to give them another try :) Keeping my fingers crossed for your exams!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah, hopefully you'll find some you enjoy! I'm a fan of anything that means less of my skin is covered, once summer comes, in spite of the threat of sunburn, so sandals just kind of fit right in with that. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really like the 4th and 5th ones! I realized I definitely do not have enough walkable shoes for the summer-not that you need to walk much in Austin, but it would still be nice!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those too! They're so simple and lovely. I've got the same problem, but with a lot more walking required. Regardless of where you are, though, walking-friendly shoes just make summer easier. Especially if it's super hot...

      Delete
  3. I am overwelmed and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love sandal number 6, so simple yet pretty. I'd definitely wear some of those!

    Kathryn x

    http://enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a great pair! I'm glad other people seem to like these ones as much as I do!

      Delete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue