I Guess I'm a Sophomore

Well...the year's over, I know some of my grades, almost everyone I live with has moved out and gone home, and the rest will follow shortly, and... Yeah. I'm in a rather melancholic sort of mood, and I might have spent significant portions of the past two days crying at how long it's going to be before I see my friends again. (I also have a somewhat irrational fear that there'll be a repeat of what happened at the end of last semester, which I am desperately hoping will be proven as irrational, since, you know, I'd like to not melt down after each time I hug a friend goodbye. At least I have a ticket to go to one of the museums that requires a ticket, and there's a festival in University Circle today, so I'll have a bit of a distraction. And I'm going to either Target or the mall area at some point this weekend to get some storage containers. At this point, I think getting off the floor as much as possible is going to be the only way I stay a functional human being. There's far too much temptation to just sit on the couch and cry or just stare at the wall, which is even worse than playing Skyrim for eight hours on end because I don't even want to do it. Bluh.

I'll quit rambling now - not that I'm much in the mood for it - and show you things that have made this week sort of better.

source
I don't think you can understand my reaction to these shoes. It was over-the-top dramatic. I gasped really loudly and started fanning myself. It was actually probably hilarious, but no one witnessed it.

source
Earring magnets = perfect way for me to deal with my intense lust for earrings.
So...after finals, my planned reward was a pair of sandals. And then these shorts happened. $75 is now the most I've ever spent on a piece of clothing. And I actually don't regret it. Kate Spade Saturday is kind of my new favorite thing. And also may eventually kill me because it's all so expensive but I want it all so much. (Also, the package came with this adorable bright yellow card that said "Make Every Day a Saturday", or something like that, which my roomie happily relieved me of, because she LOVES  yellow). Good purchase? Hell yes. Just don't be like me and order it and realize three days later that you also have to feed yourself until your first paycheck. Thank goodness I have parents who find it funny when I do stupid shit... I'm adjusting to this adult thing, I guess.

source
I'm the custodian of my friends' xbox, tv, and computer over the summer (along with a dozen other things), and it's all going to be in a single room. I'm going to have to become a boss at organization. Step one is cords, because god only knows how awful a room is when it's already small and then has cords everywhere. I'd imagine it would be worst when coming home from work and not wanting to deal with shit... So cord control is step one.

source
Can someone just turn me into Emma Watson or something? Please?

source
This is such a cute idea, and I'm motivated to try it primarily by the idea of being able to make my own cards and stuff for people's birthdays and still have them be sorta unique and interesting and distinct from one another. (Also monetarily motivated...) I already tend to make my own cards (or I did, until I stumbled upon the five things of stationary I had leftover from middle school and decided to put all those dolphins to use...) and so having some sort of vague idea of what I want to do with them is always a boon.
source
Hello English language, how ya doin'? Stuff like this is why I giggle when someone says that learning Arabic must be so hard for me. I speak English, which doesn't follow any of its rules in the slightest. While I don't know if the numbers on this are true, I don't doubt that it's a close ratio, because please, English.

What are your favorites for the week?








19 comments:

  1. Emma Watson is always so chic. I love that black gown.

    Love your new shorts. I've been addicted to purchasing Kate Spade lately myself.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, and definitely! It's beautiful.

      I'm definitely in love with them! I feel like Kate Spade could easily break my budget...

      Delete
  2. Emma Watson's was actually the only outfit I really liked at the Met Gala-and I agree, she is unbelievably gorgeous!!! Also I love those shoes!!!! And yeah.....you live and learn with splurges. I still have to deal with it as an adult getting a regular paycheck, sometimes I'll long into my bank account and it's like....how did I just spend my monthly spending budget in ONE WEEK???!? Thank god for credit cards, I guess (although I'm not advocating anything-I've actually never not paid my balance in full before my deadline because those interest rates are insane!)

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn't like a lot of the outfits at the Met Gala. A lot of people seemed to not even try, which was sad, because it's so much fun to dress out of your comfort zone. Yeah, splurges are definitely oof. I'm happy I have a debit card, because I feel like I need a few more years before I've reigned in my impulsiveness enough to avoid doing something seriously stupid.

      Delete
  3. wow so in love with the shoes!!!!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! The shoes are amazing.

    xx

    Style of Purity
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngrats =) One year is officially done and I am extremely happy for you. Also, I too envy Emma =) Also, love the photo of "control your cords"

    Anyways take care and have a lovely day!!
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! C: I definitely would love to be her or involved in her life in some way and just hope the awesome rubs off on me. :p I definitely love that picture too, as well as the concept.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. my fave at the met gala would be hands down beyonce and sarah, emma also looked stunning. the first shoes blew me away, lol one direction WAS my jam, my crazy directioner friend had several one direction merch so I decided to style them off and ended up looking like some fanboy needed a fuck from liam payne cuz he's hot omg sorry lol anyways I love icona pop's "I Love It" or something like that too, and I'm currently listening to paramore so is that a screw exams song?.anyways congratulations on your one year accomplishment in your studies
    "A Broken Sonnet" on THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SENSE-http://reinhardtkenneth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, I wasn't too big on Beyoncé's outfit. I loved the boots and the dress, but together my eyes couldn't figure out what was happening and it took reading another blogger's post showcasing looks for me to realize there wasn't a random gap near the thigh of the dress, those were just matching boots. Haha, that's pretty intense! I don't think I can imagine being that crazy a fan of anything. Nice! It's a fun song, I really love "I Love It". I dunno, I'd figure Paramore counts as 'screw exams'. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Keep going and being an inspiration ! love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these gorgeous bits of inspiration! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment. May your week be a great & productive one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!

    www.DeluxeFashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not going to lie, those shorts are TOTALLY WORTH IT! I kind of want them now too haha :) Sorry about the sadness of saying good bye to friends. Summer after freshman year was fun, but hard, I missed my friends SO much! My little sister just finished her freshman year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! (Especially now that I know I'm getting fed by my job for this first week!) They're so nice, and really comfy, and just really cute. Ahh, yeah. I've at least got the ability to talk to them whenever, but it's still sad. I don't think it'll get any easier to not be around them - I'm already upset in advance of graduation, because it's like everyone's planning to go back to where they're from, except for me! Ooo, congrats to her! Other than missing friends, successfully completing a year of this insanity is a really awesome feeling. c:

      Thanks!

      Delete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue