my knees keep finding tables

Just take that title at face value, folks. Considering that I managed to whack my knee on the table about five times immediately before I began to write this, it's basically the only thing I can think about...

This has been an exhausting week, but definitely an interesting one. For anyone who doesn't know, I began my first job this week (and by first, I mean first "regular AND paid", because there's been irregular babysitting and regular running of sites for free). I'm working with the custodial staff at my university, and it's been an absolute education already, both on people (it's illustrated some of the things my Accounting teacher talked about, actually, like how rules should be carefully considered because of their unintended consequences) and on actual cleaning. Also, it's really made my desire to smack all the idiots that dismiss custodian types of people as "morons" who "don't know anything" rather more fervid, but y'know... I work with some incredibly intelligent and interesting people, and anyone that thinks poor English grammar or doing a physically demanding job somehow makes a person less intelligent should seriously reconsider their lives.

...soapbox over, though, this post is actually to talk about things I've loved from this past week (besides Taco Thursday, our second-to-last lunch of Training Week). Despite exhaustion, I've managed to be online enough to discover quite a few things I absolutely love, so!

source
Obviously, I love shoes. These kind of hit everything I love - the larger heel, the rounded toe, ANKLE STRAPS, they remind me of the saddle shoes I was cruelly denied as a small child. (Okay, it wasn't cruel, but it's so upsetting to be told you can't have something you love just because your mom hated wearing them as a kid...) Basically, I want these a lot. (Sidenote, I will someday actually buy myself saddle shoes and take great pleasure in wearing them around my mother. Someday I will also sound less crazy because I won't still be upset at not getting a pair of shoes I wanted like eleven years ago... Sadly, today is not someday...)


Considering that most humans struggle with trying to be liked by other people, I think this is a good reminder for everyone. I know I was linked to the article I found this quote in by a blogger I follow, though I've forgotten who, unfortunately. (Ivana of Macarons and Pearls, maybe? I've noticed that she tends to be responsible for a lot of things I wind up pinning...)
source
I debated on leaving this to you guys to figure out, but I'll be honest, probably 50% of the reason I love this picture as much as I do is that I have a bit of a celebrity crush on Miley Cyrus... The other 50% would be that dress. But yeah. It looks like Elle made an interesting shoot.

source
This=the way I would like to look when I wear pigtails, rather than slightly insane young adult.

source
...I have very strong emotions about chickens. I don't honestly know why. They're one of the most ridiculous things I could possibly be obsessed with...and yet, here I sit, age nineteen, looking at this picture and thinking "I could totally take over the world if I had an army of giant mutant chickens on jet-powered skateboards." I don't know what I'd do once I'd conquered the world, I just want the giant mutant chickens. ...yeah, moving on.

source
I'll be honest, I don't care that much about Duchess Kate. She seems like a cool person, but I'm just not that interested in seeing every single outfit she's ever worn since she and William were married or started dating or her maternity style. I think the obsession with her is beyond ridiculous (but then again, I'm obsessed with chickens, so am I really allowed to talk?) Probably the main times I get excited to see things pertaining to Kate are things like this - designers designing hypothetical outfits for her. (I was more interested in the concept art some designers made despite not being hired for her wedding dress than I was interested in the dress, so...) Karl Lagerfeld's is probably my favorite, because of that dramatic neckline.
source
Four words: I want this dress.
source
Another fun fact about me for the day: I've always wanted to wear ridiculously heavy, ornate earrings. My childhood aspiration, before I decided I couldn't be interested in fashion because of stupid stuff, was to have massive hoop earrings down to my shoulders. Alas, my ears don't like to be pierced, so I'm stuck with clip-ons. These. Are clip-ons. Too expensive, and yet, I keep looking at them and wanting them.

What were your favorite things this week? Any interesting obsessions that beat chickens?

17 comments:

  1. i love that quote, its so true and congrats on our job!

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if Kate would wear something that revealing, but it is definitely very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not either, but I'd totally take it. :p I think it might be something she'd potentially consider, but only for a super-super fancy event.

      Delete
  3. gorgeous pictures,so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love it!

    www.DeluxeFashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fun approach to blogging, this was an entertaining read. Love that quote, its somehow meant for me ;) Great to hear about your new job. I am not much of a Miley fan but that dress is truly amazing. I don't mind Kate's style but neither do i obsess or follow it. Lurv the pretty pink dress! Are you allergic to the normal pierced type earrings? A special thank you for your constant kindness on my blog...wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone likes my rambles! It is definitely a quote a lot of people need to hear - I'm beginning to seriously consider like, framing it in my room. I don't think I'm allergic to the earrings, but my ears just decided that they were going to try to grow skin OVER the earrings and I gave up... Thank you - I did have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  6. that picture of miley is amazing.
    great post.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new job! I really love that pink fit and flare dress )

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything on this post but not gonna lie... the chicken on the skateboard is creeping me out something rotten! Congrats on the job! x

    sittingwitty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry! I'm afraid I'm really weird and love things like that... Thanks!

      Delete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue