adult in training

I actually had a really good week and weekend (other than getting locked out of my suite twice but...we'll get to that). This is probably because working was the only truly responsible thing I did. I spent WAY too much time playing Skyrim. And if you've been following a while, you know this isn't unusual, but it was actually beyond ridiculous, especially on Sunday. I played almost non-stop from 11am to a little before 11pm. Yes, it was that bad. At least I did laundry at some point and had the excuse of being locked out of my suite? It was still ridiculous...but I finished one of the main questlines, which had been seriously impeding me in dealing effectively with the others, so I can't call it too bad a waste of time considering I couldn't actually do anything else for a little over half the time I was playing... Ramble aside, I swear I did actually do more than work and play Skyrim. Just...not that much. I spent a lot of time talking to one guy who lives in my building and lacks people on his floor, and I went to Theta Chi and played pool once. I even managed to pack most of my clothes and books.

Basically, other than that exodus to Theta Chi on Wednesday night, though, the first part of the week was pretty boring. Thursday saw me wearing something other than...no, it was still shorts and a tank top, like every previous day. But the tank top was cooler!

Top - H&M | Shorts - F21 | Shoes - Payless | Bracelets - DIY | Necklace - present

Thursday and Friday were more work, buuuuut Saturday was fantastic! I went to MOCA, which is absolutely beautiful, and it was tons of fun. Fun fact about my necklaces, though I'm not sure you can see them: I had on an eagle necklace, a scorpion necklace, and a phoenix one. I'm a Scorpio, via astrology, and three of the big symbols for that sign are scorpions, eagles, and phoenixes. They're supposed to be a sort of hierarchy of personalities, and it amused me the entire day.

Shirt - JC Penny's | Skirt - Charlotte Russe | Necklaces - F21, gifted

How was your weekend? Did you get to do anything fun?


13 comments:

  1. I love tying my chambray shirts like that!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually think of it till recently (despite seeing it everywhere...rather slow on the uptake on that one), but it makes it soooo much more useful in my closet.

      Delete
  2. I need to stop by Payless and try to find these shoes! You look amazing, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, good luck! I got them almost four years ago, though, but hopefully there'll be something similar when you visit! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Skyrim, I know so many people whose lives revolve around that game, my brother included! I love your Saturday outfit, so cute ♥

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm TRYING to make sure my life involves something other than just Skyrim, but it's been a bit difficult since all my friends have basically been gone! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love saturdays look, super cute ^^
    http://ladybenshobomadness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing these snippets of your lovely chic outfits, sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue