(shush, I know I could have used the one she made, but I wanted an excuse to play in photoshop/actually use some of the hundreds of fonts on my computer)
seven great things in your life
1. Awesome people being awesome!
2. The next four weeks have major events for my sorority coming up, and I'm excited to be part of them!
3. We're halfway through the semester!
4. One of my close friends has an interview with a really super awesome place.
5. I'm more or less over being embarrassed for getting excited over "silly" or "small" things. These things are WONDERFUL and I will enjoy life if I damn well want to.
6. I will soon have a pair of cargo pants to try to make fashion (and to mess with all the people on campus who think hating people for wearing them is an okay thing to do and who love my style)
7. I will get my student loans money before the next government freak-out in February.
seven things you lack and covet
3. Better self-discipline.
4. Motivation. I burn myself up so quickly.
5. The ability to have a cat in the dorms.
7. A fast metabolism.
seven things that make you angry
1. Discrimination. Of any kind - sexual orientation, race, gender, gender identity, ageism, ableism, sizeism, even whether or not you wear crocs. (Seriously, internet people? No one deserves to die for caring about comfort over fashion, sorry not sorry). Obviously, clothing is a little less of a super serious one, but it still really pisses me off.
2. Abuse, be it domestic, physical, sexual, mental, emotional, whatever. This includes people and animals. I cannot comprehend the fact that people can willingly harm others who have done nothing to harm them, and I especially cannot even fathom how you can hurt an animal.
3. Slut-shaming. Also, victim blaming. Same logic allows both of them.
4. Dog-fighting/rooster-fighting/etc. This makes me angry on a slightly separate angle from animal abuse - forcing animals to harm each other so you can make a profit and "enjoy" yourself.
5. Street harassment. I get this shit every damn day, and believe me, I'm sick of it.
6. Breast cancer awareness. It's a good thing, but it completely ignores that guys get breast cancer too (my guy friend with a family history of it was refused a screening). Plus it's not about saving lives, it's been made about saving tits. My friend saw a shirt on Monday that said "Don't just stare, save a pair!" like the fact you can stare at boobs makes them worthwhile, not the fact that people can die from this stuff. I heard someone complaining that breast cancer awareness groups can be more inappropriate at other campuses and got really upset, because we don't need more inappropriate, we need more respectful.
7. The fact that it feels like a lot of people do not seem to bother with respecting anyone ever.
seven things that you neglect to do
1. Taking studying seriously. Still fighting off the high school idea that I could just slide through everything. Yay growing up?
2. Exercise. I mean, I walk a few miles every day just on campus, that's enough, right? (Not really...)
3. Spend time informing myself of things that aren't world news, fashion, or social justice things. I can tell you a lot about Syria, the history of corsets, and trans* rights, but I can't really tell you anything about bands or big cultural occurrences (it's rather trivial that I'm upset about the fact I've never watched any show that's not an anime, given that the only thing I even want to watch is Game of Thrones, but I regret that I lack any real commonalities with a lot of my peers, because I grew up on very different things from them).
4. Update coding on my sites... I need to tone down my social life a little bit for a tad, cuz I need to do that.
5. Actually spend time learning things instead of half-learning them from the depths of Google. It's effective and I remember it, but I still have to turn to Google the next time I need to find out how to do something different with whatever I'm doing.
6. Going to bed on time... Oops.
7. Discuss my feelings with people.
seven material desires
1. These booties. I have a similar F21 pair that are slowly dying because I've abused them by wearing them during the winter (ie when the salt destroys everything ever). :(
2. Cats count, right? They should.
3. A larger bed than the one my dorm room has.
4. A new purse that can be a purse/backpack and last FOREVER and that is orange.
5. An iPhone or Android. I just GOT a new phone, and yeah, it's a smartphone, but it's not a very good one, alas.
6. A horse mask. There is a reason, but I can't reveal it to anyone who doesn't already know until I have acquired one. I must have this by senior year so I can complete a task. (Which I accidentally set for myself and now just want to do because it's hilarious).
7. A really warm winter coat that is also cute. I have some less warm ones and some not-cute ones and I just want them both to fuse why is this so hard.
seven guilty pleasures
(I don't believe pleasures should be guilty but w/e)
1. Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha. I'm sorry, I know they may come off as ditzy crazy idiots to a lot of people, but they are actually super-interesting and badass ladies, and I appreciate them greatly. (Also Ke$ha's songs are fun to scream out of a car while passing cornfields at midnight in Indiana, just saying).
2. Swearing. I censor myself a LOT when I'm writing on here, because in casual situations, I have a sailor mouth. I am pretty much always at my most formal level of behavior when I'm working just because I know it's generally considered unacceptable, but swearing is just so vividly expressive...and expresses things much more succinctly than more verbose forms of expressing displeasure. Also, they're just fun to say, unfortunately (or fortunately).
3. Dressing up. Clothes make me happy, and anyone that thinks I'm less intelligent or interesting for this can stuff it, because I like what I like.
4. Magical girl anime. I love these so much, pink and sparkles and all.
5. Downloading fonts. I don't even USE most of them, but FONTS.
6. Dancing to "Gangam Style" and singing along to "What Does the Fox Say?". I'm sorry, I'm not getting over these.
7. Making weird and/or creepy faces at people instead of talking like a normal person.
seven things you love about love
1. Turning over half-asleep and kissing someone and being warm.
3. Spending late nights talking about serious things as easily as you can spend late nights talking about silly things.
4. Being able to help with someone's problems and having them trust you enough to let you.
7. Having the opportunity to try to make someone's day better.