HALLOWEEN

While I had three Halloween costumes, only one of them is making it here.  I don't have the pictures of one costume, the other was worn to the shadow cast of Rocky Horror, so let's just say it doesn't need to be seen anywhere but that event (because that event requires a certain level of pure ridiculousness that nothing else needs), and the final one is..........UMBRIDGE.  That's right, I dressed up as Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter.

Top - thrifted | Skirt/belt-as-bow - ASOS | Shoes - PayLess

Obviously I don't have the mousy brown hair or a particularly toad-like appearance, as she is described to, but I apparently pulled the personality off quite well when I wasn't dying laughing about something. Also, there's now a funny story attached to this costume!  The party this was taken at was for a club, and I came straight from PE for the exec meeting.  After that, the president and I went to change.  I had forgotten that she was going to be Miley Cyrus, so I was a little confused when I heard 'Wrecking Ball' start blasting while I was still changing, but just figured 'maybe she really likes the song'.  Nope.  When I emerged from the bathroom, she stepped out into the archway separating the bathrooms from the main room of the area we were in, lip-synching into her sledgehammer and swaying her hips.  It was an experience.

(She also made a point of licking her sledgehammer and making awkward eye-contact every time someone new walked into one of the rooms we had reserved for this party.  Which mostly involved watching this video of someone playing Slender in "$20 Dollar Mode" and teasing this one couple for accidentally being Orange is the New Black without even planning it.  Oh, and in case you're wondering, Miley won a pumpkin for having the scariest costume, by a unanimous vote).

Did y'all dress up for Halloween?  Any funny stories?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a creative costume Sue. I would've loved to have seen the other one too, sounds good! Looks really posh. Lol about the Miley costume, the more that girl (the real one) embarrasses herself, the more attention she gets from the general public. She is her own life's wrecking ball, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume idea. It sounds like you had a busy and fun Halloween. Unfortunately I didn't dress up for Halloween this year. October was just so busy for me. I had been planning to host a Halloween party but didn't manage to because my sister got married the week before Halloween.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue