30 for 30 Challenge: Day Sixteen (Part One and Two)

Day Sixteen was an interesting day. It was the day I got to celebrate Fourth of July, though only at church. For a family where basically everyone but me has served the country in some capacity, usually in the military, my family doesn't seem to do patriotic at all. Or they all feel they did the patriotic already. XD Whatever the reason, Fourth of July at my house is dull and boring. At church, it was at least kinda fun, even if my shoes murdered me. Slingbacks are bad enough on their own...add a peeptoe and they really start hurting. But they're too pretty not to wear.

One lady told me I looked like a walking flag. XD

Skirt (worn as a shirt) - TJ Maxx? | Belt - Forever 21 | Purse - thrifted | Skirt - DEB | Heels - Tack (Spain) | Watch - Rue21
 

I love wearing that red skirt as a top... Ok, really, I just plain love wearing ANY skirt as a top. Preferably a one-shouldered top, but I figured I should be more conservative for church. If we'd been talking a barbecue or something, I'd have gone one-sleeved for sure. I just...really love one-sleeved things. I have a one-sleeved minidress hiding in my closer, waiting for me to decide how/when to wear it. Mostly, I'm just trying to find a pair of plain, solid, not-patterned, footed black tights. That should not be as hard as it is. (I've been looking since October of last year).

Then, when I got home from church, I wanted something more casual, which was good, since we then had to make a small grocery run for a few things. No, I didn't change...entirely.
Jacket - Forever 21 | Skirt (worn as a dress) - TJ Maxx? | Feathers in hair - Earthbound Trading Co. | Flats - Payless | Purse - thrifted
 

I have got to figure out how to fix this red-eye thing. Cuz my red-eye correct won't work on the way these pictures are before I crop them in Paint, and it won't let me transfer them back. Ah well, I'll figure it out eventually!

Anyhow, I fixed my hair thing, temporarily. Clipping about an inch, which I needed to do anyhow, thanks to my split ends, has made me stop fretting at my hair for the moment. Hopefully I won't have this issue again for a while... And I need to replace my black flats.

Also, I will be counting this as TWO outfits in the challenge. I'll try to do some other day similarly to this, that way I'm through with it before my first day on the way to Cali.

Eleven more days till Cali!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue