Happiness

I've seen the idea of posting a list of things that make you happy around, and I really like the idea of it. Considering that I am currently sick and behind on homework, it's nice to be able to pull up things that make you feel positive.


  • nonsensical music (Party Rock Anthem, anyone?)
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (yay!!!)
  • The Hunger Games (Mockingjay, you will complete this...)
  • Lucky Kitties
  • sleeping in
  • hugging my pets
  • laughing with friends and having stupid debates over Teletubbies and politics
I've also discovered I have a weird appreciation for poetry- when read outside English class, that is! I can't stand poetry, generally, when we read it in class and then pick it apart. I'm the same way with books. I've read five books total in all my years of English classes that I actually liked - Ender's Game, The Great Gatsby, The Poisonwood Bible, Brave New World, and The Handmaid's Tale - and I know we've read at least sixty or so since sixth grade. I'm the same way with poetry - the first time we talked about Emily Dickinson's poems, I wasn't able to read the collection I have for a few months without cringing. I'm slowly appreciating other poets and their work, but it's very hard to if we talk about it in English. To quote Confucius: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
(I'll get off the soapbox now...sorry).

Other things that makes me happy are
  • shoes!
  • red nails and red lips
  • shiny things
I'd rather end things on a positive note than not, right?

See y'all next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue