and I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I think the two weeks before midterms might be the most exhausting ones of the semester, but maybe that's just because it isn't time for finals yet.  Right now I've got a ten page paper to write, and I really need to be putting a lot more effort into my math and micro-econ courses.  Unfortunately, when you have no interest in a course, it's pretty difficult to talk yourself into working on it.  Oh well - I'll get through it.

Today's post is pretty much going to be a long-overdue dump of outfit pictures.  I'm sure you're thrilled (probably not).  This is going pretty far back through this summer, so brace yourselves...

Shirt - DEB | Skirt - F21 | Shoes - Payless | Scarfbelt - Meadows Museum | Necklace - Jeweliq

Pretty much the only thing I remember about this outfit is that I went to the Feast of the Assumption (a street fair in Little Italy) in this after work, and that I was pretty exhausted from work that day.

Blazer - A'gaci | Dress/skirt - TJ Maxx? | Shoes/bracelet - thrifted | Belt - ? | Ring - Jewelmint | Earrings - Grandma

I was able to speak during freshmen orientation about one of my clubs, which was really exciting! And it gave me an opportunity to be really fancy, which was wonderful.
Dress - The Limited | Shoes - some store in Rockville, AR

Job interviews.  Apparently, I was so terrified of the interview for the job I have now that I completely forgot jewelry was a thing.  And I showed up an hour and a half early.  On the other hand, first grown up dress!  (It was so expensive, and it was ON SALE how do adults do this stuff).

Shirt - JC Penny's | Skirt - F21 | Shoes - H&M | Ring - Jewelmint

I don't remember a story with this outfit beyond the fact that yes, I DID take a bathroom picture because I had to change for PE, and goodness knows I wasn't going to be changing again.
Shirt - JC Penny's | Shirt/necklace - F21 | Pants - LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's | Shoes - H&M

I don't know how this outfit happened, but it me feel either like I was french or my mom.  I think the latter's a bit more accurate, somehow...
Vest - thrifted | Shirt - from Mom | Skirt/shoes - F21 | necklace - Rue21 | Ring - Jewelmint

This is the outfit that made the ladies who work upstairs of my office decide that I'm awesome.  Also, if anyone ever doubts the power of dressing professionally, let's take a moment to realize they thought I was a senior or graduate/professional student, not a sophomore, because of my clothing.
Shirt - Kohl's | Skirt - Uniqlo | Shoes - Lulu's | Arrow&infinity rings - F21 | Claddagh ring - ? | Necklace - Jeweliq

As some of you know (or you found out last week), I'm in a business fraternity.  I wore this to go out for brunch with my big and my twin (a twin is someone who you share a big with).  It was really fun.
Blazer - A'gaci | Shirt - H&M | Jeans/shoes/belt - F21 | Necklace - Rue21 | Ring - Jewelmint

This outfit was worn when I got my bid for my sorority!  It was pretty exciting, although I was not what you would call prepared for getting out of the elevator on my floor to find ten people standing around waiting for it...
Necklace - Amazon | Dress/bracelet - F21 | Shoes - Payless | Headband - ?

The main thing I know about September 10th was that I was completely exhausted the entire day.

Jacket/shoes - F21 | Necklace - Rue21 | Tights - Target | Shirt - JC Penny's | Jumper - my old uniform

Apparently this is from September 13th, but I messed up with formatting, so nebulous Friday go!  The main events on the 13th were watching A Knight's Tale at the sorority I'm pledging, and going to a fundraising event for my fraternity (we titled the event 'Suit and Tie', if you wanted to know).

Shirt/skirt/ring - F21 | Purse - Target | Necklace - Jeweliq | Shoes - Charlotte Russe

I wore this to my first work event!  We had Robyn Ochs, a writer about sexuality, in for a talk, and it was a pretty fun event.  (Especially since there was food, and any leftovers were free to be taken home by us after the event).

On another note, I was turned into a zombie on Tuesday, after surviving for a total of about seven days (which is pretty good for your first time playing...though it was expedited by how often I'm in formal clothing, admittedly).

What have you all been up to while I've been doing things?  (I mean I'm going to figure it out by stalking your blogs for a while, but that's going to take ages...)

Have a lovely next week, and I'll see you next Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, so excited to see all your different looks, each one is uniquely elegant, love the blue maxi dress, looks beautiful. Also the sept 9 outfit is so sophisticated, you have great style. All the best with school!

    ReplyDelete

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue