status update



This year has happened too quickly. It's been wonderful and sad and fun and tragic, and I've changed so much just internally since starting college. (Hello to being approximately 39% more responsible than I was last year... I do my papers the day before, not the night before now! (I'm kidding. Mostly...)) I only have less than a month left of my freshman year. I've been looking back at my New Years' Resolutions recently, and figured maybe, along with my week's favorites, I could give an update on those.

I haven't done too badly at them, I think.


  • be more open about my thoughts and feelings with the people I trust (ie: I will stop pretending to not experience anger or annoyance and start allowing myself to express them a little bit): Very much accomplished and going well. I actually got into a minor argument with a friend recently,  and we resolved it well.
  • leap before I look: I don't care to give details too much on this, but this DEFINITELY has been working for me.
  • exercise.: Sort of accomplished. I'm not taking the greenies anymore, and I take the stairs on the way down out of buildings. I've also been missing class fairly frequently lately, though, sooooooo.
  • talk to people besides my teeny-tiny close-knit friends group and super insular floor: Doing it, and it's fantastic! Yes, there are still days and weeks where it's mostly my floor, but I've made friends with people on other floors and sometimes I go creep on them. I'm also living with a super-diverse four-suite/two floors group of people next year, none of whom I really know. I'm so excited for it!
  • One craft a week, and one short story a week, and posting them: eeeeh yeahhhhh. I kind of need to work on that a little. Granted, none of the things I've written lately have really been short story material, exactly - the last thing I wrote was an extremely personal, somewhat rambling, stream of consciousness. Literally, I just wrote down everything I thought. Cathartic, but not bloggable, really, unless this were a much more personal blog. As for crafts... I have a couple of projects paused midway, and no time to work on them. Maybe I'll get better at keeping this resolution as we head into summer? I can hope so!

Have you been accomplishing your Resolutions this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Please read this before you comment!

I love to hear from my readers and those new to my blog (feel free to url-drop if you need to)! Interacting with people can be so inspiring. PLEASE DON'T leave me just "FOLLOW MY BLOG" messages that you copypasta on dozens of blogs - I follow blogs when I feel inspired by their content, and I try to show it by actively commenting on the content they've generated. I will delete these responses, because they make me extremely uncomfortable. (Yes, I'm aware that's pretty odd... I'm sorry).

That said, I hope you have a lovely day!
xo
Sue